Assistant Extrusion Operator
City : Montréal
Job descriptionReporting to the Production Manager and the shift supervisor (Extrusion Operator), the Assistant Extrusion Operator responsible for the assistance in operation of the extrusion production line and for providing film of quality in accordance with order docket specifications and with the health safety required by the garbage bag and film converter industries. The Assistant Extrusion Operator is also responsible for the general cleanliness of the extrusion production work area.
- Assists in Operating the lines according to the pre-established working methods and guidelines
- Write production and quality control reports
- Ensure the quality of the finished product while being concerned about safety in the workplace
- Ensure the cleanliness of workplaces
- Participate in repairs and preventive maintenance with the maintenance team
- Suggest ideas for improvement and cost reduction
- Perform any related task at the request of management
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Good understanding of French/English
- Show dexterity and adopt problem-solving skills
- Have good manual skill
- Be versatile, take initiative and be resourceful
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 30 lbs
- Knowledge of ISO standards (an asset)
BenefitsAt Polykar, we value our employees. Working with us full time means you can participate in:
- Collective insurance program
- Uniform is provided
- Safety boots are provided
- Bonus program based on production results
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.