City : Edmonton
Job descriptionReporting to the Manufacturing Manager the Industrial Electrician tests, maintains, or calibrates unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. The position will specify and install plant equipment circuits as required including applying maintenance and preventive programs with respect to all plant equipment, machinery, as well as the physical plant site.
- Champion and follows all health & safety rules & regulations including all company Policies and Procedures.
- Assure preventive maintenance program complies with the BRC IOP Issue 5/6 Standard.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Specify and install electrical infrastructure equipment including but not limited to conduit, cabling, over current protection and final terminations.
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Manufacturing manager.
- Maintaining a log of all work done during the shift that relates to machines and items related to ongoing developments or projects.
- Will work on production and facility equipment including maintaining power, lights and alarm wiring systems.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical instrument and electronic systems, including servo equipment, photo eyes, electronic sensors, temperature controls, power, lighting and motor controls as well as electromechanical and solid state power and PLC and VFD systems.
- Daily maintenance activities and preventative maintenance programs supporting blown film extrusion, converting, and recycling departments including all other plant electrical requirements.
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Performing root cause analysis when issues arise to determine corrective actions.
- Operating various shop equipment including fork lifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts etc.
- Flexibility to work shifts (days / nights) after hours call-in and on weekends if required.
- All other duties as required.
- Must be a Red Seal Electrician / Instrumentation dual ticket considered optimal, or trade experience equivalent to Quebec’s electromechanic technical college degree.
- 3 to 5 years experience within a manufacturing production environment including PLC/VFD programming; flexible packaging experience preferred.
- Electrical troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on 120/240/480/575Vac systems and 24V AC/DC control circuits.
- Strong knowledge of control voltage/wiring/programming of Siemens, Panasonic, Allen Bradley, Omran.
- Technical knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and controls.
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings for electronic products, electrical and P&ID schematics, and technical drawings.
- Able to use precision measuring tools or equipment, and operate precision test equipment to evaluate electrical systems.
- Use hand or power tools.
- Test equipment as part of engineering projects or processes.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, and maintenance tracking software considered an asset.
- WHMIS and TMD certification an asset or training will be given by Polykar.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically fit to walk stairs regularly.
- Ability to fly to Montreal for a training period of up to one month. Candidates must be fully vaccinated to travel to Montreal (Government of Canada requirement).
- Access to transportation or ability to travel to Leduc (limited bus service) on various shifts.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.