City : Edmonton
Job descriptionReporting to the Plant Manager, the Machine Operator will operate a conversion machine and visually inspect outgoing products to ensure quality standards are maintained and met. A conversion machine converts rolls of film to plastic bags. The successful candidate will also be responsible for packing product from the machine for distribution to the consumer. They will ensure the efficiency of the production and that the quality of the products conform to BRC and ISO Standards.
Hours of Work: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday) with potential for future shift work (nights, afternoons, weekends). Shifts are subject to change with appropriate working notice.
- Make adjustments to machine settings during bag size changeovers minimizing time needed while ensuring product specifications are maintained.
- Packaging bags into boxes.
- Visual and physical quality checks.
- Maintains clean workstation and machine
- Perform routine machine maintenance and work to reduce scrap.
- Daily report on shift activity results.
- Training of additional staff as needed for conversion machine.
- Maintain and follow safe work procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent work ethic and an excellent attitude with the ability to learn quickly.
- Positive professional attitude, a strong desire to work as a team.
- Good basic math skills.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear) and machine awareness.
- Being mechanically inclined is an asset.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is an asset.
- Basic literacy skills, write, speak, read and understand English.
- Ability to stand for a long periods of time and lift up to 30 lbs, without assistance.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality System an asset.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.