Plastic-film extrusion machine operator (4 vacancies)
City : Edmonton
- Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
- Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
- Monitor and inspect quality of material produced
- Place weighed materials in mixing machines
- Unload mixture into container or conveyor for further processing
- Set up and operate calender machines to transform plastic bales or slabs into continuous sheets or films of specified thickness
- Set up and operate extruding machines to extrude plastic compound through a nozzle or die
- Change dies on extruding machines according to production line change
- Prepare and change moulds and adjust equipment for production line change
- Safe operation of a three-layer/and or mono-layer blown film extrusion system
- Make extruder adjustments according to already established working methods to maximize productivity
- Make order changes
- Ensure the quality of the finished product while following all health and safety rules
- Perform continuous quality checks throughout production runs
- Follow a 'clean as you go' policy keeping all areas tidy on site to ensure compliance with BRC food safety standards
- Monitor machine performance, maintain output, quality and waste targets whilst keeping downtime to a minimum
- Report to the Plant Manager if a machine is defective or if there is malfunction
RequirementsEducation: Completion of secondary school is required. Diploma in plastics technology is a strong asset. Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the blown extrusion industry or co-extrusion is required. Knowledge of BRC and ISO standards is an asset.
Working Conditions and Physical CapabilitiesFast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Combination of sitting, standing, walking.
Personal suitabilityOrganized, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Excellent oral and written communication, Initiative, Accurate, Judgement, Ability to multitask and work autonomously.
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Language: English is required.
- Salary: $29.00 hourly, 36 – 48 Hours per week.
Important InformationFlexibility in schedule is required. Rotating continental 12-hour shifts from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM OR from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM. During the first 6-week period, the worker will work an average of 42 hours per week. Working days and days off will be determined on a rotational basis, with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 shifts per week. Overtime and work on weekends may be required depending on the business needs.
Apply by email to email@example.comCC: firstname.lastname@example.org **Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Plastic-film extrusion machine operator**
BenefitsTransportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Life insurance and vision care are provided. Disability, dental, and extended medical insurance as well as PPE are provided.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.