Night Production Supervisor
City : Montréal
Job descriptionReporting to the Line Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the manufacturing of Polykar products on their shift and the operational aspects of this manufacturing, including safety, productivity, cost control, planning and the operational processes taking place in the factory.
- The Production Supervisor will work a 12-hour night schedule. (3-2-2-3 model, every other weekend)
- Manage the work team under their responsibility (coaching, communication, performance and attendance management, engagement, etc.).
- Be an ambassador for health and safety and ensure compliance with occupational health and safety rules at all times.
- Ensure the expected levels of productivity and quality of their shift and report any problems.
- Ensure compliance with work instructions, procedures and policies (including ISO and BRC requirements).
- Presence on the production floor for the entire shift (12 hours) and complete the daily floor tour procedure.
- Ensure an effective transition between the end of their shift and the start of the next shift.
- All other duties as required.
- Diploma degree in operations, management or a related field, an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience in supervision or management, an asset.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or plastics, an asset.
- English and French bilingualism required (spoken, read and written).
- Ability to walk and work standing for 12-hour shifts.
- Ease with learning and using computer tools and systems (including MS Office, ERP system, etc.).
- Strong leadership, organization and priority management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dynamism, resourcefulness, and autonomy.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.