Quality Assurance and Technical Services Specialist
Evening shift from Sunday to Thursday from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
City : Montréal
Job descriptionThe Quality Assurance and Technical Services Specialist (QA & TS Specialist) is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s quality management systems and certifications as a part of the Quality Assurance and Technical Services team. The QA & TS Specialist acts to support the lead coordinator for the BRCGS, ISO9001, and ISO14000 certifications and is accountable for the implementation, and maintenance of these standards. The QA & TS Specialist implements product design and process development activities for film products with compliance to all quality and regulatory requirements and supports the development and execution of short and long-term development projects for company product lines as well as coordinates product line strategic fit and overall profitability.
- Performs product inspection by quantitative and qualitative analysis as per the company quality control plan to validate product specifications and to ensure that they meet customer quality requirements.
- Performs laboratory material property testing such as: Tensile Strength, Impact Strength, Tear Strength, Coefficient of Friction, Film Thickness, Gloss, Opacity, Haze, Melt Index, and Film Color Measurements.
- Records lab test results in the Lab Data Entry System.
- Prepares product Certificate of Analysis documents and sends them to designated customers.
- Circulates on a routine basis to gather and test all incoming raw material resins, mono and coextrusion retained samples, and converted bag samples.
- Identifies, organizes, and files all gathered retained samples as per lab retain sample control plan.
- Coordinates with lab equipment calibration service suppliers to ensure that the lab equipment calibration is up to date.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization, and methodical and systematic flow within lab environment at all times.
- Drives the implementation corrective actions (CAPA).
- Recommends and rationalizes specifications for development of products.
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems in line with the needs of the company and the established BRCGS, ISO9001 and 14000 standards.
- Prepares report to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Coordinates directly with suppliers, customers, sales, manufacturing, and operations planning for a rapid, successful commercialization of new film products.
- Performs multi-functional product portfolio configuration with the company ERP system. This involves product formulation and process step assignment in order to ensure product specifications and customer requirements are effectively and efficiently met.
- Gathers data and performs analysis with respect to film material properties for operational efficiency and project recommendations.
- Works with Supply Chain for raw material sourcing, validation and cost-improvement.
- Supports manufacturing on-site during trials and assists for materials-related root cause investigation.
- Provides leadership to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
- Four (4) year degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, or Packaging Science.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in the polyethylene blown film extrusion flexible packaging industry.
- Familiarity with polyethylene film material property characteristics.
- Experience with quality inspection and lab testing techniques such as MI, Tensile, Impact, and Tear strength, Seal Curve generation, COF, Gloss, and Haze.
- Experience in food safety and system implementation and management.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, 14000 and BRCGS
- Ability to ensure that the products meet relevant quality control standards
- Good organisational skills, methodical approach to work, and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise workloads and meet testing frequency requirements
- Ability to navigate and effectively use the company’s ERP system
- Ability to drive new product development and support the commercialization of products.
- Understanding of the effect of a process on downstream steps or customer needs.
- Ability to work effectively through all levels of the organization to consistently drive profitable growth.
- Team player with ability to influence without direct authority.
- Good data collection, management, and reporting skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Strong computer skills including word, excel, and power point (Office 365)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills (French, English)
- Must be autonomous and require very little supervision
- Must be able to lift 10 – 25 lbs
- Collective insurance program
- Uniform is provided
- Safety boots are provided
- Bonus program based on production results
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.