Quality Assurance Specialist (coordinator)
City : Montréal
Job descriptionReporting to Director of Quality and Technical Services, The QA specialist is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s quality management systems and certifications, and will act as the lead coordinator for the food safety (BRCGS), ISO9001, and ISO14000 certifications and is accountable for the implementation, and maintenance of these standards.
- Implementation of quality support systems in line with the needs of the company and the established food safe (BRCGS), ISO9001 and 14000 standards.
- Creating and managing the quality assurance policies, documents, procedures, and forms with respect to food safe, ISO9001 and 14000 standards.
- Lead the root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions for customer complaints, internal non-conformalities, and supplier non-conformities.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement within the BRCGS and ISO quality systems.
- Identify training needs and organize training of employees to meet quality standards.
- Coordinate and lead on-site internal, second-, and third-party audits.
- Ensure that all quality reports are successfully maintained and completed within the company software management system
- Initiate internal inspection and test reports
- Ensure calibration of all lab testing equipment
- Keep track of new or updated government regulations related to food packaging and the environment
- Execute quality control procedures to ensure high product standards and client satisfaction
- Manage client complaints/returns, analyze what happened and recommend what do with the return
- Working closely with the suppliers to ensure that all regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Maintain technical documentation for all purchased raw materials.
- Participate in developing and executing departmental goals and objectives. Promote teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within the department and at Polykar.
- Assists with root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions (CAPA) alongside team members
- Any other tasks and work and responsibilities based on business requirements assigned by the manager
- B.Sc. degree in Chemical, material Engineering or Chemistry.
- Preferred at least 4 years experience in a manufacturing industry, as quality assurance specialist.
- Prior experience working in a GMP, food safe, and ISO certified production plants.
- Ability to work effectively through all levels of the organization to consistently drive results.
- High proficiency level with MS Office applications required.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to work well in a fast pace and high-pressure environment, prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to handle confidential business information.
- Collective insurance program
- Uniform is provided
- Safety boots are provided
- Bonus program based on production results
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.