City : Edmonton
Job descriptionReporting to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Master Scheduler, the Scheduler plans production based on orders and meets delivery deadlines. The Scheduler must coordinate all operational aspects in order to maximize the production and testing of Research and Development in order to achieve the targeted objectives based on the personnel and resources available.
- Develop and maximize production schedules based on available equipment, human and material resources to achieve operational objectives and meet customers needs.
- Monitor the performance of planned productions on a daily basis and notify the stakeholders of potential issues.
- Prepare mitigation and action plans in the event of a major issues or changes in the schedule.
- Work closely with production, customer service, sales, transportation, and purchasing teams.
- Monitor, manage and optimize the inventory of materials such as resins and additives in collaboration with the Purchasing & Logistics team.
- Participate in operational decisions (raw materials, labor, etc.).
- Support research and development initiatives in collaboration with the Quality & Technical Services team by scheduling trials, new product launches, etc.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and provide support for projects such as quality improvement, reducing turnaround times and cost reductions.
- Produce production reports and monitor KPIs.
- Demonstrate safety leadership
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in operations management or industrial engineering, an asset.
- 1-2 years experience in production planning in a manufacturing environment, an asset.
- CPIM certification (Certified in Planning and Inventory Management) from APICS, an asset.
- Excellent sense of organization, attention to detail and great autonomy.
- Promotes teamwork.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems, an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, French skills would be an asset.
- Flexible and able to deliver in a context of continual change.
- Organized and disciplined: consistently performs assigned tasks in an orderly and structured manner.
- Good communicator and able to interact effectively with other team members and external stakeholders.
- Enterprising and able to analyze a process or situation and develop tools and procedures to facilitate and optimize the management of operations.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in computer tools such as MS Office.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.