City : Edmonton
Job descriptionReporting to the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for loading, unloading and moving inventory within the manufacturing warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. They are also responsible for supplying raw materials to the production floor.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips, report damages or discrepancies, and label inventory; receiving purchase order in the ERP system.
- Accurately pick outgoing orders and pack appropriately for shipping while accurately maintaining ERP system.
- Prepare shipping documents such as packing slips, bills of lading, waybills, and customs documents.
- Safe operation of material handling equipment includes reach truck, sit down forklift and powered pallet trucks and pallet jacks.
- Load/unload shipments and move inventory in a safe manner.
- Updates inventory levels in the ERP system, using handhelds; collaborates and communicates with team members when levels are low or inaccurate.
- Maintains a clean and orderly facility, ensuring that all products are stored in safe locations.
- Participate in the monthly physical inventory.
- Assist Shipping and Receiving Supervisor with scheduling and coordinating both inbound and outbound carriers and couriers.
- Follow all proper safety policies and procedures.
- Able and willing to work overtime as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a warehouse environment within shipping and receiving.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset.
- Must have forklift/reach truck experience; valid Forklift Certification or ability to acquire company certification.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and being able to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for high level of accuracy.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (asset); basic computer experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.