Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Full time position to fill in Edmonton, AB
City : Edmonton, AB
Job descriptionReporting to the Shipping/Receiving Manager in Montreal (Head Office), the Shipping and Receiving Clerk will manage the shipping and receiving process of all products at our distribution center in Edmonton. You will handle materials and supplies within the facility to ensure effective process and stock management. The incumbent must be willing to travel and spend a week at Polykar’s Head Office in Montreal for full training.
- Effectively track, trace and update the status of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Ensure prompt loading and unloading of trucks and deliveries, while inspecting materials and supplies to ensure accurate quantity and quality
- Enable rapid storage of all incoming products in their proper location
- Securely and safely pack all finished goods according to customer or vendor specifications and generate all necessary paperwork and certifications accurately
- Coordinate with customers and individual trucking lines for all pick-ups and deliveries
- Manage status updates on stock levels in the inventory system and collaborate with team members for replenishment
- Coordinate with the Office Manager and Customer Service Manager to ensure all finished goods are adequately stocked and supplied
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility, ensuring all products are stored safely
- Track and proactively order shipping supplies
- Coordinate with Production department to ensure that all future orders have ample stock to ship
- Manage the official monthly physical inventory
- Three-five years or more of Shipping and Receiving experience
- Fluency in English
- Forklift License and or Certification
- Functional MS Office knowledge
- Experience in managing a team would be an asset
- Able to work independently and as part of team
- Positive, “can-do” attitude with exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with ERP systems would be an asset
BenefitsAt Polykar, we value our employees. Working with us full time means you can participate in:
- A collective insurance program
- A bonus program based on performance
- A professional development plan
- An opportunity to participate in making an impact in a growing, national and innovative company
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.