Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
City : Edmonton
Job descriptionReporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor is responsible for the leadership in directing activities related to shipping, receiving and warehousing operations to ensure optimal efficiency and compliance with safety standards. They will provide daily supervision and leadership of employees and warehousing operations to ensure achievement of company goals.
- Manages the work schedule to ensure adequate coverage for the warehouse.
- Manage and the lead Shipping and Receiving team; ensuring compliance with receiving, handling, storage and shipping procedures are followed in an accurate, safe and effective manner.
- Trains all warehouse personnel to perform their duties safely and efficiently; ensure all personnel have required and upto-date training required for their jobs.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization along with a clean and orderly facility; ensuring all products are stored in safe locations.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment.
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders.
- Responsible for managing the shipping department budget.
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders; reporting to management on activities and or potential issues. Effectively track, trace and update the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Coordinate with customer and individual trucking lines for all pick-ups and delivery.
- Coordinate with Production and Customer Service departments to ensure that all items are delivered on item and correctly.
- Manage the official monthly physical inventory.
- Ensures compliance and enforcement of all safety standards to ensure a safe work environment. Must recognize unsafe conditions and behaviors and make appropriate corrections to prevent injury and loss.
- All other duties as required
- High school diploma or a technical degree in logistics or a related field an asset.
- 5-8 years of experience in shipping and receiving; previous experience in a leadership role an asset.
- Previous experience in manufacturing and / or plastics an asset.
- Forklift License and or Certification.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress well and multi-task.
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures; including experience with an ERP system to assist with monthly inventory counts.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, thoroughness, effective judgement and autonomy.
- Experience in managing a team of employees; showing passion and commitment to employee engagement.
- Have a developed and effective sense of organization, time management and priorities
- Strong attention to detail, including a proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience and comfortable working with computers; MS products and ERP systems.
- Valid certification of WHMIS is an asset or in-house training will be provided.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.