City : Edmonton or Montréal
Job descriptionReporting to the COO, the Systems Administrator will design, create, and monitor the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems using a large variety of technologies. As a “hands-on” leader, they are responsible for maintaining the IT network and storage infrastructure across the Polykar locations (Edmonton and Montreal) and completing associated projects. They will ensure that all planned and in-place IT support systems are aligned with yearly and long-term goals. This position can be located in either Edmonton or Montreal.
ResponsibilitiesNETWORK & SECURITY
ERP SOLUTIONS & REPORTING
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or relevant qualification
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience managing IT Infrastructure
- Previous experience managing IT within a manufacturing environment is required
- Experience in SQL, crystal reports reporting and large integrated ERP systems
- Above-average analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving system problems
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing in English
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing in French are a strong asset
- Proven experience developing strategic network enterprise architecture plans with an emphasis on security
- Comprehensive knowledge of key operating systems (Microsoft, ERP systems)
- Extensive knowledge of network security, firewall, and anti-virus technology and systems
- Willingness and ability to travel between office locations within Alberta and Quebec. Candidates must be fully vaccinated to travel to Montreal (Government of Canada requirement)
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.