Vice-President of Finance
City : Montréal
Job descriptionReporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Vice President of Finance will provide senior-level financial support to the organization and will be the lead on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to banking relationships, budget and capital budget management, product costing, financial reporting and risk management. The VP of Finance will lead a team of four in providing efficient and effective accounting services to the organization. The successful candidate will have previous manufacturing experience, including familiarity with navigating complexities around a new ERP system, be at ease with maintaining and developing relationships with financial stakeholders, be responsible for preparing timely and accurate financial reports, ensuring the adequacy and proper management of internal controls, identifying and implementing process improvements, cash management and preparing analysis as required.
- Maintain proper internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of company assets and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of all financial reports (separate entity as well as consolidated/combined) monitor, analyze, and report monthly operating results against budget to the leadership team.
- Ensure proper accounting records are maintained, including proper documentation and process controls.
- Oversee and manage cash balances and cash flows, including foreign currency hedging.
- Manage multiple audit cycles and lead audit activities.
- Assist the company in the preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor budget-related financial performance, prepare variance analysis, and recommend corrective actions, as required.
- Optimize the use of the new ERP system to derive product costing data and use Business Intelligence tools.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to assist in achieving operational and strategic goals.
- Ensure compliance with all financial and tax regulatory/statutory requirements and reporting.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements in finance operations.
- Manage the accounting team to further the needs of the organization while providing leadership, mentorship, and guidance.
- Ability to develop and manage financial forecasts based on sensitivity modelling.
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting; professional accounting designation required (CPA).
- Five to eight years’ experience in a senior financial role including leading and developing staff.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with working and optimizing an ERP system required.
- Transfer pricing and other tax-related experience would be an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Accurate and detail oriented including solid analytical skills.
- Ability to take initiative, be assertive in completing tasks, including proven flexibility to handle a variety of activities concurrently.
- Effective change agent in the development and identification of new procedures to accommodate procedural changes.
- Ability to manage a multi-site company.
- Bilingualism (French, English, both oral and written) required due to the multi-site locations.
- Previous experience with mergers and acquisition an asset.
- Able to travel once a quarter to manufacturing sites located in Montreal and Edmonton.
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.