City : Montréal
Job descriptionReporting directly to the COO, the Operations Manager is responsible for the plant operations. The Operations Manager ensures productivity and profitability of production. In collaboration with production managers, the Operations Manager defines strategies for optimizing production and continuous improvement all while respecting the standards of safety, quality, hygiene, and environment (ISO: 9001,14001 and BRC).
- Take leadership and accountability of a positive safety culture and safe work environment.
- Direct and coordinate day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Manage and support the Production managers (coaching, performance management, etc.).
- Lead problem-solving and provide innovative solutions to ensure company and customer requirements are met.
- Work in close proximity with the Plant Manager to organize equipment maintenance activities in order to obtain optimal results in terms of efficiency, productivity, performance, quality and costs.
- Key role in the execution of the company's growth and contious improvement projects.
- Establish contingency plans for each department and ensure cross training plans are in place for key positions
- Ensure operations respects safety, ISO and BRC standards as well as all company policies or procedures.
- Manage the financial and administrative aspects of the plant.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations management, Business administration, Engineering or any other related field, an asset.
- 10+ years of experience in management, production or operations including personnel management, an asset.
- 10+ years of experience in the plastics manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of equipment in the plastics and recycling industry, an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required (oral and written).
- Great ability to manage stress and pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and rigor.
- Good judgment and autonomy to make important decisions.
- Proficient in using computer software or tools including Microsoft Office suite.
- Constant concern for safety, product quality and deadlines.
- Occasional travel could be required to Edmonton, Alberta. Candidates must have the ability to travel based on the current Federal government requirements.
- Collective insurance program
- Uniform is provided
- Safety boots are provided
- Bonus program based on production results
About UsOur Mission
We are an innovative, world-class manufacturer of sustainable packaging solutions.
Purpose, passion and pride, from our people to yours.
Driven by operational excellence, we will lead in sustainable flexible packaging solutions, and double our sales in the next five years through geographical expansion.